Stay at Ahu Lani and Discover the Aina
Ahu Lani Retreat Center is a facility rental. This means that we provide the facility and amenities, we do not organize or sell individual retreats or outings.
Center Facility Rental Policies:
- 3 night minimum for all rentals.
- Check-in time is 3pm, check-out time is 11am
- Early arrival is 11am and is a half-day rate
- Late departure is 3pm and is a half-day rate
- 16 guests are included in base rate.
- Add guests for $60/person/night - subject to prior approval up to 20 people max.
- 4x4 or all-wheel drive vehicles are highly recommended.
- Waivers must be signed upon arrival.
Contact Us for Your Rate Quote (rates vary by time of year)
We offer the following additional services:
- Transportation shuttle service from Kona and Hilo airports via a licensed operator.
- Vegetarian, Paleo and Vegan
- Local produce and baked goods
- Yoga Instruction
- Native Forest Interpretative Walk (included in stay with advanced notice)
Each group is unique and the services are specific to each group and therefore pricing is based on each request.
Deposit, PAyments, Cancellations
We require a $500 deposit for reservations 60 days or more in advance to hold your dates.
60 days prior to your arrival 50% of the total is due, after deducting the $500 hold deposit (if that was already paid).
Balance and Final Payment:
7 days prior to your arrival the balance is due.
If you cancel outside of 60 days prior to your arrival you have two options:
- We will refund your deposit minus a $100 fee and all credit card processing fees.
- We can hold your deposit for 1 year while you select future dates. When you select another set of dates, you will be required to pay the first payment to hold those dates.
If you cancel within 60 days:
- We will attempt to resell your dates. If they are resold, we will refund your first payment minus a $250 fee and all credit card processing fees.
- If we cannot sell your dates, all payments will be forfeited.
Cleaning, laundry, Towel, and Linen Services
Cleaning Fees Based on Length of Stay
3-7 days: $500
8-15 days: $750
- 16-30 days: $1,000
- 30+ days: based on total length
Laundry Services Based on Length of Stay
(Laundry Tokens may be used to submit 1 or 2 laundry bag/s for cleaning, Laundry bags are mesh bags that all laundry must be placed into for cleaning)
3-7 days: no laundry services included.
- 8-15 days: Each room is given 1 laundry token and bag during the stay.
- 16-30 days: Each room is given 2 laundry tokens and 2 bags during the stay. Each token grants 2 bags of cleaning.
- 30+ days: based on total length
Additional Tokens may be purchased for $14/token for single bag, $20/token for double bag.
Towel service is conducted every 4 days of your stay. Additional service may be added for $20/load.
Linen service may be added for a fee of $200/turnover. A turnover is all room's linens being cleaned. A floor cleaning must be conducted prior to a turnover. This can be done by the guests, or for an additional $200*.
*If floor cleaning is not sufficient as provided by guests, the additional fee may be required to complete a turnover.
Taxes and Fees
All services do not include the following additional taxes and fees:
Hawaiian General Excise and Transient Accommodation Tax (13.5%)
- Credit Card payments are subject to processing fees (2.9 - 4%)
We want to build relationships and invite you into our community to enjoy something unique, a Hawaiian Mountain Forest. We are always on-site for every event/stay, we live here. We are the stewards of this land and we are here to help you enjoy your visit as well. Broken things need to be fixed, and worn things need to be maintained. If you respect our land and home we'll be very helpful. If things just aren't working, we reserve the right to ask you to leave. We're no pirates, just mermaids and space travelers.